Thursday, February 4, 2010

With Everything


Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, [with everything], as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
-Colossians 3:23-24

This tattoo means the world to me. It is a constant reminder to praise God with everything. With everything I have, with everything I do, with everything that is in me. For the things that I do and the things that I have are not for the people of this world, or for myself, it's all for Him and should be done and given whole heartedly.

This tattoo is also bold when I am not. When this light inside of me is not shining brightly, He can use this to bring out that light in me. He can use it to present opportunities for me and to show people who I live for, who my life belongs to. This life is such an amazing gift from Him, how could we not give it back? There is so much joy in giving your life to Him with everything. It's absolutely incredible. This tattoo reminds me of that on a daily basis. Like I said, it means the world to me.


Oh praise the one who paid my debt
and raised this life up from the dead.

1 comment:

  1. Now I have the "ohhhh" section of "With Everything" stuck in my head. :)

    ReplyDelete